Search for Results
The HealthQuality CT Report for 2018 presents the quality care ratings in three report formats:
- Summary Report: see how healthcare organizations compare in overall performance.
- Healthcare Organization Report: see all of the results for a specific healthcare organization. Each Healthcare Organization report includes its scores and ratings for each quality care measure as well as a link to the organization’s website.
- Healthcare Quality Measure Report: see all of the healthcare organization scores and ratings for a specific measure. Each measure report includes the scores and ratings for all of the rated organizations as well as a definition for the measure, hyperlinks for more information about the condition, procedure or topic addressed in the measure, and links to a detailed description of the data analysis and rating process used for the measure.
You can search for results from the home page, the Scorecard menu on the website header, or the Search Table option on the scorecard results pages.
- Home page: From the home page, use one of the three “Get Started” options. To do a search, pick the report option you are interested in, the report year and choose to view the ratings for care delivered to patients with commercial, Medicaid, or Medicare insurance. Availability of results for care delivered to the Medicaid and Medicare populations are anticipated in Summer 2019.
- Step 1: Go to the HealthQualityCT.org home page. You can navigate here by clicking on the logo in the website header or visit https://healthqualityct.org.
- Step 2: Choose the Report type by clicking the “Get Started” button for one of the following options: a) Healthcare Organization b) Quality Measure or c) Summary Results.
- If Step 2a. Healthcare Organization Report Type: *Find Results for a Healthcare Organization:*: You can use the “click here to search for a healthcare organization by provider name.” Entering a provider’s last name will update the list of healthcare organizations to show only those with a matching provider. It is possible that a given provider does not participate or was not identified as participating in the rated organizations. See example
- If Step 2b. Quality Measure Report: Find Results for a Quality Measure. To make it easier to find measures that may be of interest, you can use the option to “click here to search for a quality measure by health topic” Measures are grouped into 10 different health topics for convenience. If you choose a health topic, only measures related to that topic will appear in the Quality Measure drop down menu.
- Step 3: Choose the Insurance type to determine if you will see ratings for care delivered to patients with commercial, Medicaid or Medicare insurance. By default, results will be shown for the care delivered to the commercial population which includes APCD commercial data for patients enrolled in fully-insured plans and the State of Connecticut employee health plan. Availability of results for care delivered to the Medicaid and Medicare populations are anticipated in Summer 2019.
- Step 4: Choose the Report year.
- Scorecard menu: Use the Scorecard menu located on the website header to choose the type of report you would like to view. To choose a report type, select Summary Results or either a Healthcare Organization Report or a Quality Measure Report from the drop down menu. The default results view includes the 2018 HealthQuality CT results for care delivered to patients with commercial insurance.
The following example shows how to navigate from the Scorecard menu on the website header to quality measure results for diabetes eye exam.
- Step 1: Click on Scorecard for the report types available.
- Step 2: Select a report type by clicking on one of the following: 2018 Summary Results, Healthcare Organization or Quality Measure.
- Step 3: If choosing Healthcare Organization or Quality Measure, follow the arrow to choose the organization or measure of interest.
- Healthcare Organization or Quality Measure scorecards using “Search Table”: On the Healthcare Organization Report and Quality Measure Report pages, you can search for specific results in the results table by entering key search words (such as health conditions or procedures and organization names) into the “Search Table” box. The table then shows only results with the selected word(s).